Saint Józef Bilczewski, 1860 – 1923
Blessed Gaetano Errico
October 19, 1791, Secondigliano, Italy-10 am, October 29, 1860
Second of nine children born to Pasquale, a pasta factory manager, and Marie Marseglia Errico, who worked weaving plush. A good child, pious, always ready to help his father at work, or with his younger siblings. He felt a call to the priesthood at age fourteen. He was turned away by the Capuchins and Redemptorists due to his youth. Studied at a diocesan seminary in Naples from age sixteen, walking the five miles to class each day, and was ordained on 23 September 1815 in Naples. Read the rest of this entry »
Saint Simon of Lipnica
1437, Lipnica, Murowana, Malopolskie, Poland-July 18, 1482, Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
Simon early felt drawn to religious life. After hearing a sermon by Saint John Capistran, he joined the Franciscan Friars Minors (Observants). Priest. Known as a powerful preacher. He died tending the sick during a plague epidemic.
He was Beatified on February 24, 1685 (cultus confirmed) by Blessed Pope Innocent XI and re-confirmed on 20 December 2005 by Pope Benedict XVI.
He was Canonized on June 3, 2007 by Pope Benedict XVI at Saint Peter’s Basilica, Rome, Italy
- Additional Information
- 15th-Century Franciscan to Be Canonized
Book of Saints, by the Monks of Ramsgate
For All The Saints, by Katherine Rabenstein
Kirken i Norge – norwegian
Our Sunday Visitor’s Encyclopedia of Saints, by Matthew Bunson, Margaret Bunson, and Stephen Bunson
CONSISTORY ON SEVERAL CAUSES OF CANONISATION
VATICAN CITY, 16 FEB 2009 (VIS) – In the Clementine Hall of the Vatican Apostolic Palace at 11 a.m. on Saturday 21 February, an ordinary public consistory will be held for the canonisation of the following Blesseds:
– Blessed Zygmunt Szczesny Felinski, Polish former archbishop of Warsaw and founder of the Congregation of Franciscan Sisters of the Family of Mary will be canonised on October 11, 2009.
– Blessed Arcangelo Tadini, Italian diocesan priest and founder of the Congregation of Worker Sisters of the Holy House of Nazareth will be canonised on April 26, 2009.
– Blessed Francesc0 Coll y Guitart, Spanish professed priest of the Order of Friars Preachers and founder of the Congregation of the Dominican Sisters of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary will be canonised on October 11, 2009.
– Blessed Jozef Damian de Veuster, Belgian professed priest of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, and of the Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar (PICPUS) will be Canonised on October 11, 2009.
– Blessed Bernardo Tolomei, Italian founder of the Olivetan Benedictine Congregation on April 26, 2009 .
– Blessed Rafael Arnaiz Baron, Spanish oblate friar of the Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance will be canonised on October 11, 2009.
– Blessed Nuño de Santa Maria Alvares, Portuguese religious of the Order of Friars of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel will be canonised April 26, 2009.
– Blessed Gertrude Comensoli (nee Caterina), Italian virgin and foundress of the Institute of Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament will be canonised on April 26, 2009.
– Blessed Mary of the Cross Jugan (nee Jeanne), French virgin and foundress of the Congregation of the Little Sisters of the Poor will be canonised on October 11, 2009.
– Blessed Caterina Volpicelli, Italian virgin and foundress of the Institute of Handmaidens of the Sacred Heart.
OCL/CONSISTORY CANONISATION/… VIS 090216 (270)
SOURCE: Australian News