Bread From Heaven: Mary began to exist about 15-16 years before the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. She began to exist at the time of her Immaculate Conception as a result of the union of her parents and God saving her from the stain of original sin.
Jonah: Does that mean that God the Father and all the old testament people pre-existed the Queen of Heaven?
Bread From Heaven: Yes, God the Father and all the Old Testament people absolutely existed before Mary, Queen of Heaven.
Jonah: King Jesus was around for eternity, just incarnated around 2012 years ago…so he pre-existed his own Queen Mother? How would you spin this one?
Bread From Heaven: Yes, Jesus the second person of the Trinity, is eternal and therefore existed before the mother of His Flesh. There was no Queen of Heaven before Mary’s Assumption into Heaven.
The Holy Trinity is Eternal. Human beings are created creatures. Once created, our souls are eternal even though our bodies die as a result of The Fall of Adam and Eve. Jesus came to enable our salvation and Eternal life in Heaven. If we reject Him we will have Eternal Hell.
To read the post that sparked these questions click here–>Mary, Queen of Heaven
Tom: We have no record in the Gospels, as to whether the disciples believed that it was His body and blood or that it was merely bread and wine, and that they may have believed Jesus was speaking metaphorically as when He called himself a vine.
Bread From Heaven: Jesus was not speaking metaphorically as in when He says I am the vine, or I am the door. I have addressed this common Protestant work-around for the literal interpretation of John 6 in the following posts.
Tom: It may well be that the disciples did “not discern the Body and Blood of Jesus”.
Bread From Heaven: I see how you might think even the disciples did “not discern the Body and Blood of Jesus”. We don’t know b/c we have not been left a record. But, even if they did not discern or were totally confused at the Last Supper, this was all VERY new and our gracious Lord would give them grace during this time of transition. Surely, after the resurrection they understood, a short three or four days later.
But, I think it is very likely that the Last Supper was a big “Ah Ha!” moment for them. A year earlier at near the time of the Passover, Jesus had multiplied the bread and fish and then told everyone that they must eat His flesh and drink His blood in order to have eternal life. Many others left Jesus but the disciples stayed but were surely puzzled by this seeming reference to what sounded like cannibalism.
So, when Jesus said of the bread, “Take and eat; this is my body.” and of the cup “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” They must have breathed a sigh of relief and thought, Oh! So, this is what Jesus meant last year about eating His flesh and drinking His blood.”
Bread From Heaven: We do not pray TO Mary in the same sense that we pray TO God. God is able to answer our prayers. Mary and the Saints are able to intercede for us just like any other human person that we ask to pray for us TO GOD.
1) Mary is not an idol. She is a human alive in Heaven.
2) She actually is the Queen Mother of Heaven because Jesus is King.
3) The Queen of Heaven mentioned in Jeremiah could not possibly have been referring to Mary, since she had not even been born yet, and neither had her parents or their parents.
4) The Queen of Heaven referred to in Jeremiah was a mythical pagan goddess. Mary was not Pagan. She was not mythical. She is not a goddess.
5) “All generations shall call me blessed.” Mary declared under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Which Church still calls Mary the Blessed Mother? Does your Church? How will you answer when you stand before Jesus and He asks you why you did not?
6) Catholics honor Mary. We do not worship her. We honor her in obedience to the Commandments to honor our Father and Mother. Since we are a part of the body of Christ, Mary is also our mother. And we are told in Revelation 12
17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring —those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.